I am the co-founder and Development Director at Beacon Films CIC: a production and training company for filmmakers with learning disabilities, autism and additional needs. Our members’ work has received over 100 festival screenings across fourteen countries and praise from across the creative sectors.
With appropriate support, Beacon filmmakers use their unique and entertaining creativity not only to develop valuable skills for life and employment, but to also dismantle stereotypes and misconceptions of disability by reaching global audiences with their amazing work.
Watch the film below to get a flavour of our work, and visit www.beaconfilms.org.uk to find out more.
My role includes:
- Fundraising and liaison with funders
- Developing and sustaining strategic partnerships
- Leading on sales and marketing
- Leading on evaluation and learning
- Leading on governance and board development
- Leading on finance and budgeting